Monday, August 15, 2011

Pondering

No, the picture doesn't have anything to do with anything. I just like it. Sometimes life is like that. I determined a while back that I would not bring anything into my home that I didn't enjoy. Life is just too short.

While researching something for my current work in progress, I was struck once more by the way history is skewed by the winners. The particular subject I was researching had numerous entries on the internet. They were widely disparate in both factual information and conclusions drawn from that information.

It reminds me so much of the story about the elephant...Three blind men touch an elephant. One grasps his tail and concludes the elephant is similar to a rope. Another grasps his trunk and decides the elephant is like a snake. And the third touches his leg and believes the elephant is like a tree. Who is right? All of them--sort of.

anny

No comments:

Post a Comment