Monday, May 9, 2011

Ahhhhh-choo!


 Spring! The sun is shining! The flowers are blooming! The trees have leaves popping out! And...it's allergy season with burning, teary eyes and wheezing breathing.

I never had allergies until I was past middle age. I remember sitting in my doctor's office with my eyes watering. He asked what the problem was.

"My eyes feel like I have boulders in them."
"Hmmm. Let's have a look."
"Well?"
"You're right. You do have boulders in them. Big pollen boulders."

He gave me eye drops (which I despise!) and sent me on my way. Since then I've added wheezing, sneezing, and coughing to my repertoire. Every spring is a positive symphony of aches and pains.

And yet, I still love the color and scents of spring. I just love it mostly from indoors. How about you? Anyone else having a tussle with spring?

anny

4 comments:

  1. Ugh. You can get allergies in middle age? Bummer. My hubby is having his yearly I-can't-breathe ritual, but so far I've escaped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I'm one of the lucky ones for now. Who knows what the future holds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sneezy French bulldog. Cute! Feel better and enjoy spring!

    ReplyDelete