Saturday, April 18, 2009

Female of the species

I wonder where the idea came from that we are the weaker sex? Is it because we are smaller and therefore easier to injure? Is it all about the physical aspects? Or is the belief wrapped up in our emotions?

I wonder if men believe we are the weaker sex because we foster that idea? Would they just as contentedly go off to work everyday if they knew we were not the weaker sex? Or does that have something to do with the fact that we are generally the caregivers in the family?

What about emotions? Are we the weaker sex because we cry more readily? Because we're more likely to wear our heart on our sleeve? Because we're more apt to show tenderness and more willing to comfort?

Have a nice weekend... anny

2 comments:

  1. I think our emotional side got us that label, which is incredibly sad. Not to mention, it's a good cover up for the inner-warrior that emerges whenever she needs to kick some serious patootie! Anny, I keep forgetting to add you to my blogroll so I can keep up with your prolific posting. Your blog always makes me smile. I'm off to add you now so I never miss another Anny post again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE know we're not weaker--and I suspect most of the men who actually THINK about it know it too. It's the ones who think with their egos, or, er, other bits who have problems with the issue.

    ReplyDelete